Best 3 DIY Furniture Projects for Beginners
If you have a knack for DIY projects, you’ve probably thought of making your own furniture at least once in your life. While the thought of creating a side table or something as simple as a candle holder from a raw piece of wood can be really overwhelming, you should know that you can easily do it with the help of a few tools and supplies.
The best thing about DIY woodworking projects is that there are many ways to look at it; you can add your own creative spin to it and create something totally unique and original.
Here are some cool DIY wood projects for beginners that you can try at home. Enhance your home décor with the help of some really enticing handcrafted furniture accessories.
1. Rustic Wood Slab Side Table
A side table is one of the most functional furniture accessories to have in your room right next to your bed. This rustic wood slab side table with hairpin legs will act as a perfect addition to your bedroom.
The things you’ll need for this project include:
- A wooden slab
- Hairpin legs
- A Paintbrush
- Drill bit
- Belt sander
Once you have the supplies ready, follow these steps to make your table:
· Prepare the wooden slab by getting rid of splintered areas with the help of sandpaper.
· Use a paintbrush to apply a thin coat of polyurethane on the top, bottom, and sides.
· Allow the coat to dry, and in the meantime, paint the hairpin legs as per your choice of color.
· Once everything has dried up, flip the wooden slab, and mark the spots where you want to attach the hairpin legs.
· Drill holes with the help of a drill bit and safely secure the legs in the holes with screws.
2. Fancy Wall Art Frame
You probably know how expensive it can be to frame paintings to hang in your home. If you want to skip out on those costs, just make your own!
Things you’ll need:
- Spray paint
- Painter’s tape
- Chip brushes
Follow these steps to create beautiful, artistic frames for your wall art.
· Prepare the wood and smooth the edges with the help of sandpaper.
· Clean the top and apply the stain using chip brushes.
· Allow the stain to dry, wipe the excess off with a piece of cloth, and apply a layer to polyurethane.
· Once it has dried, sand it with sandpaper and remove any bubbles.
· Create your choice of design with painter’s tape and then finish it off with a nice metallic spray paint.
3. Tree Stump Coffee Table
If you’re looking to add a rustic touch to your living room, this tree stump coffee table is the best option for you. It might not look as fancy as other coffee tables, but it is one of the most flexible and forgiving types that you can place in your home.
To make your own tree stump coffee table, you’ll need:
- A tree stump
- Palm sander
- Clear coat
- Wooden legs (optional)
- Drill (optional)
Follow these steps:
· Allow the stumps to dry completely in blazing sunlight for a few days.
· Once dried, soften the edges with the help of a palm sander.
· Paint them any color you like or simply apply a clear coat to give a rustic effect.
· If you wish to attach legs to the table, drill holes at the bottom where you want to fix the legs
· Insert the wooden legs in the holes and secure them with screws
For a beginner like you, these DIY wood craft projects are the perfect way to get started and amp up your home décor!